An Easy Way to Go Green in Schools
With Ready-Made Certificates
So you want a WormWatcher kit and can’t find the time to write grants? Many schools want to promote their outdoor garden, and students can help by making their own organic soil (worm castings) out of their food trash right in their own classroom using the WormWatcher. Share the excitement of vermicomposting with your students and community.
THREE WAYS TO USE ADOPT-A-BIN
1. How about including Adopt-A-Bin in your school newsletter? We have stickers and certificates of appreciation too to help get the word out to parents.
2. Get your local businesses involved! Our certificates list donation amounts varying from $5 on up for the “Worm Patrons.”
3. Ask local businesses to help by placing a jar in their store. Print the stickers and a label your jar: ex. "Help Mrs. Hunter get worms in her classroom!" Be sure to list your school name. Think about local bait shops, hair salons, cafes, and churches. When funded, please ask supporters to post a letter/brochure, so they know that the project is moving forward.
When your WormWatcher kit arrives, it is suggested for students to write thank-you letters with donation amount listed and a photo to show donors what they helped make possible. Keep a copy of the thank-you letter for your records. Feel free to send us a photo as well! We would love to hear how your community is supporting you.
LASTLY, hold a parents night (see our You-Tube video) hosting a Worm Sympoosium.
Teaching students about creating healthy soil, reducing garbage and caring about critters has never been more important. Let everyone share in supporting this wonderful activity. By making a simple donation, donors aid the classroom by bringing vermicomposting into the school. You will be shocked to discover how many worm fans there are in the world. Feel free to download, modify, and tailor these certificates from our website to fit your style:
- Adopt-a-Bin Announcement (Formal Style)
- Adopt-a-Bin Announcement (Playful version)
- Certificate of Appreciation
- Adopt-a-Bin (stickers)